The Natural Connections Consultancy has emerged from the large scale Natural Connections demonstration project funded by DEFRA, Natural England and Historic England. Led by Plymouth University's Institute of Education, the Consultancy works nationally and internationally to support schools and learning providers to support and embed the outdoors across the curriculum.
The Natural Connections Consultancy is the legacy of a major regional demonstration project across the South West. Since 2012, this innovative programme has brought together schools and outdoor learning providers at a local level to identify, and work to overcome, barriers to outdoor learning, and to embed increased use of local green spaces for learning across the curriculum. Natural Connections has worked with over 130 schools since 2012 and we are now able to offer our service to partners across the UK and internationally. We have built a significant evidence base, which will be used to explore how to replicate and amplify the model.
How We Can Help:
We are an experienced group of experts in curriculum development and outdoor learning practice. We can support all aspects of outdoor learning in schools, providers and partner organisations throughout the UK and overseas. We draw on a range of specialists to tailor our services to the needs of each client.
- Specialist professional development & training for teaching staff, governors and volunteers
- Bespoke Curriculum design to integrate outdoor learning into learning, teaching and Improvement Plans
- practical outdoor learning activities and ideas to support lessons that engage pupils, develop skills, enhance attainment and offer creative lesson ideas
- advice on funding and partnership development
- local support and access to a range of outdoor education providers who can help enhance your lessons
- a high quality evaluation package to suit each client
Contact Ian Blackwell at email@example.com to discuss how the Natural Connections Team can help.
Contact address: Plymouth Institute of Education, Rolle Building, Plymouth University, Drake Circus, PL4 8AA
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact telephone: 01752 585396
Social Media:Twitter @ntrlconnections