Laverock Hall is a productive arable farm in the "green belt" between Blyth and Cramlington. The surrounding landscape is dominated by industry and residential areas. Historically, some of the earliest records from the farm date back to the Norman conquest, up until the 12th century monks ran the farm until they were sacked. The farm is owned by Lord Hastings and the Hogg family have been tenants since 1888. A number of the permanent pastures still remain ridge and furrow. Today, the farm is predominantly arable (wheat, barley, beans and peas). The remaining pastures are grazed by horses and a small number of sheep. Farm diversification includes a small livery and a farm shop that sells top grade pigeon feed.