Spear and Jackson has generously offered 20 bundles of garden tools and equipment as prizes in a Countryside Classroom competition for schools. To be in with a chance to win just tell us about your school-gardening plans, and how one of these bundles could help you.
Each bundle comprises:
The tool kits provide enough for half a class to garden together, and the raised bed could be a lovely feature in any setting filled with herbs, salads, edible flowers or plants for pollinators - the choice is yours. The raised bed is in practical, good-looking wood with a finished size of 1250 x 1250 x 300mm, and all the tools are stainless steel. Whether your school has been gardening for years or is just about to start, share your story with us and we'll choose the 20 best to win a prize. You can tell us about your whole school, or a single class or club. We'd like you to keep to about 500 words or less, include at least one image, and let us have your entry by the end of February. Winning entries may be featured by Countryside Classroom and by Spear and Jackson.
1. The competition is open to any school or early years setting in the UK, though the prize is more suited to primary-age children. A school may submit up to three entries from different classes or groups.
2. Entries should describe gardening activities, or plans, at your school and explain how the prize would help you.
3. Entries must be sent by email, with images as separate files, to [email protected] Use the name of your school as the subject line.
4. All entries must include the school's name and address, the submitter's full name and email address, and the age range of the children involved.
6. Winning entries will be shared with Spear and Jackson, and may be used by them in publicity for their work with schools, or by Countryside Classroom in their newsletter or website. Any images showing recognisable children must have the relevant permissions.
7. The closing date is midnight on 28 February 2020. Winners will be notified by 27 March 2020.