Find out more about the National Education Nature Park and how to get support with environmental education.
Catherine Whitehead from Natural England explains to us how the Nature Park fits into the new DfE Climate Change and Sustainability Strategy and where to go for more information.
Read all about the National Education Nature Park HERE.
Ages 4 - 6
- Sign up to One Seed Forward's super new monthly Cultivating Education WEBINAR developed for educators by educators. Each month will focus on a different gardening topic with talks from fellow teachers, an open Q&A and links to resources and support.
- Help nature by using this Wild Your Garden to attract more species and help our dwindling wildlife. By providing suitable habitats for insects, mammals and birds not only can we bring variety and colour to the garden, but also benefit nature.
- 'Get Your Hands Dirty' is a great resource produced by Social Farms & Gardens for anyone considering using growing plants and caring for animals in their school to enhance learning opportunities and raise standards.
Ages 7 - 11
- This CLOtC pack produced by Council for Learning Outside the Classroom includes lesson plans, a case study and guidance on planning and delivering learning outside the classroom. They are linked to the national curriculum and include tips on differentiating activities for different learner needs.
- Need inspiration to get your school growing? Enjoy these Growing Ideas case studies produced by from School Food Matters member schools outlining the challenges and successes of their food growing projects.
- Start the new year afresh with a school garden fit for growing healthy food, learning skills and sharing knowledge, whatever the size or space with this super Spring into Growing resource produced by Garden Organic.
Ages 11 - 16
- Encourage your learners to become active participants with this super A.B.C. From School Grounds …. to School Garden resource produced by One Seed Forward all about how to create a physical space that can be used to increase outdoor learning and educate pupils in the benefits of growing their own food.
- Use this School Pond Health & Safety resource to help you plan how to install a pond or make improvements to your existing pond, either at home or in the school grounds.
- Use this Birds To Spot Through The Seasons resource produced by the National Trust to find out what birds to watch out for throughout the different seasons.