The land is situated in the Weald of Kent. Although changed, the area remains one of the finest stretches of rolling wooded countryside in Britain. Park Farm and St Ronan's Ground were once part of the Tongs estate extending to some 1200 acres. Agriculture was the main industry in early times but later on iron was found locally and use was made of the wooded countryside to build the fires that smelted the iron. Records show that Furnace Mill, adjacent to Park Farm and part of the estate, was in being to smelt iron as far back as 1574. In 1950, all but 200 acres of the estate were passed into private ownership. The remaining acres constitute St Ronan's School. Park Farm supports a traditional beef and sheep farm. Field boundaries at the farm have been entered into the CSS to complement the land at St Ronan's, all of which is in CSS to enhance and maintain its historic landscape.