Stanley Hall is a small, traditional non-intensive family estate focused around the Hall, which was rebuilt in 1642. The farming and woodlands were planned and planted circa 1810-30 for amenity and sporting activities as well as enhancing the natural beauty of the landscape. Situated on a river terrace beside the Severn tributary; springs feed a chain of fish ponds (probably of medieval origin) in steep sided dingles, a legacy of the last ice age. The soil is mostly light sandy/well drained and the pasture suitable for fattening cattle and sheep. Adjacent former areas of parkland are dedicated non-grazed wildlife habitat land.