Burton Constable Hall, built in 1560, is surrounded by historic parkland, originally designed in the 1770s by Lancelot ‘Capability’ Brown. Much of the parkland is being restored by replanting trees and hedgerows and restoring features such as the ha-ha and the bridge across the lake. There is also evidence of ancient arable farming in the ridge and furrow to the east of the hall. The pasture is being managed without chemicals to encourage wildlife and plants and the farm has a wealth of wildlife including about 80 species of birds, brown hare and roe deer. Situated about seven miles north east of Hull, the farm has access for those with reduced mobility with plenty of parking space.
School visits can be made to Burton Constable throughout the year.
Burton Constable Foundation Burton Constable Skirlaugh East Yorkshire HU11 4LN