Home > Places to Visit > Holbury Manor Park

Holbury Manor Park

Holbury Manor and Warren Copse were first recorded in 1185, and in 1312 the King granted this land to the Abbey of Kings Beaulieu. The Manor remained the property of the Abbey until 1538 when the monasteries were dissolved. The Manor supplied grain, and fish (carp) from an extensive system of fishponds, 4 of which surrounded a large moated grange which is designated as a Scheduled Ancient Monument (SAM). Warren Copse is an Ancient Semi-Natural Woodland designated as a Site of Importance for Nature Conservation (SINC). The area now is now public parkland and amenity woodland

Address

Holbury Drove
Holbury
Southampton
SO45 2FJ

Contact Details

023 80890761
Tags
Place Type
Back to places to visit