Pentillie Castle is situated high above the River Tamar. The Castle is surrounded by 55 acres of gardens including a walled kitchen garden, parkland landscaped by Humphry Repton in 1810 and ancient woodland.
The history of the castle since 1698 can be explained in sketches and plans and by examining the present buildings and archaeological features.
The quay and lime kilns demonstrate how important the river was to the livelihood and commerce of the area.
The un-restored kitchen garden and orchards, disused sawmill and stables indicate the self-sufficiency and sustainability of a country estate through the last 300 years.