Arnos Vale Cemetery is a beautiful 45 acre garden cemetery, heritage site, wildlife haven and sacred space. Built in 1839, it is now the last resting place of over 300,000 people and home to a range of beautiful and historic trees plus rare and native wildlife. The site features four listed buildings which house an education space, visitor reception, meeting rooms, exhibitions and a cafe. A wonderful outdoor classroom has been recently built and the site has a wide range of habitats including woodland, scrubland and grassland.
The Learning Department provides a range of environmental learning experiences and National Curriculum linked workshops and activities for a range of schools.