Rectory Farm is a small family farm set in undulating countryside, with the Great Ouse forming the northern boundary. A disused railway line dissects the farm. The southern part is situated on high ground that runs down to the river, which meanders through traditional water meadows. There are detailed letters available, which date back to 1822 – 1846, to show that the farm belonged to the Church. It was bought by the local Council c 1920 and sold on in 1992. It is now a mainly livestock farm with the farmer having a keen interest in conservation.