As a partnership we are continually trying to expand the range of resources available and are committed to improving your online experience, so from today, educators will be able to produce their own user profile.
Just register your requirements when prompted and the platform will begin to respond much more intuitively to better highlight the right materials for you. Overtime the site will tailor your experience better and make hunting for the right materials a much quicker and easier task.
We will also be conducting a comprehensive review of all our existing resources and are keen to know what other resources you would really like to see added in the coming months. If you have any comments or feedback then please email [email protected].
OTHER NOTICES THIS WEEK ….
A number of UK schools will be supporting the British Nutrition Foundation HEALTHY EATING WEEK 28th September - 4th October, here are some useful links to inspire some healthy eating projects, including a free potato growing kit from AHDB and a chance to sign up for a future training event aimed at Secondary Food teachers, run by the Food Teachers Centre:
PRIMARY SCHOOL LINKS
- Grow Your Own Potatoes (GYOP) is the largest Primary School based growing project of its kind, Grow Your Own Potatoes is back for 2021 and is providing 4 free growing kits per school, go to the link to find out more and register to receive your kits in the new year.
- Food a Fact of Life
- Food for Life heathy snack recipe
- The FitNut Programme
SECONDARY SCHOOL LINKS
- The Food Teachers Centre is offering a Free Teacher Training Workshop for Secondary Food teachers.
The training event is on Saturday 17th October 2020 16:00 – 18:30
‘Fish in School Hero’ aims to ensure that every child gets a chance to prepare, cook and eat fish before they leave school. The three year programme aims to train over 400 secondary food teachers to be confident in preparing and cooking fish with students in their classrooms. Teachers will be supported by local Heroes: fishmongers, fish-loving chefs and fish suppliers, as well as other Heroes who will talk first-hand about their role in bringing seafood from the sea to the plate, highlighting careers and opportunities in the fish industry.
Register here today https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/be-a-fish-hero-workshop-registration-122379314825
- LEAF Education starter activity about how learners choose their food.
- The balance of good health.
- A seasonal healthy soup recipe.