Feed children's hungry minds and bodies whilst promoting healthy lifestyles with this range of resources all about healthy eating.
Ages 4 - 6
- Use this Design a Healthy Breakfast resource developed by AHDB to generate a discussion about healthy breakfast foods and the different types of foods that should make up our diet – you can use the Eatwell plate to help.
- These Dumplings with Mediterranean Vegetables recipe by RACA is a healthy meal which is is also great to make with children.
- This resource by Learning Through Landscapes details some simple recipes for Campfires using typical school grounds produce.
Ages 7 -11
- These Goodness to Go recipes by Berryworld outline some healthy lunch time snacks that are perfect for a busy day or week, just make-ahead and you've got your goodness to go in your packed lunch.
- Use these Food a Fact of Life resources to help children recognise the Eatwell Guide and understand the food groups.
- In this From Harvesting to Cooking module produced by One Seed Forward the materials support concepts such as seasonality, sustainability and nutrition in the food grown in school gardens.
- Last few weeks left to complete and send in your finished Countryside Classroom Passports!
Ages 11 - 16
- Use this Different Types of Bread resource developed by LEAF Education to help children investigate why wholemeal bread is more nutritious and higher in fibre than white bread.
- Use this Balance of Good Health resource also by LEAF Education to explore a variety of foods for health through a series of questions, with suggested websites to investigate the answers.
- Explore food and nutrition with this user-friendly, online, Nutritional Analysis Tool for secondary-school students.