Are you well into the harvest festival spirit? Why not use these resources to help deliver your harvest festival lessons or assemblies and also begin to prepare for the beginning of the darker nights and the exciting autumnal activities available at this time of year.
Ages 4 - 6
- This Wheat Harvest resource produced by LEAF Education is an introduction to the key processes and machinery involved in the harvest. Made with KS1 in mind but also suitable as an introduction for KS2.
- An e-booklet containing a variety of ideas for using Pumpkins: from creating a bird feeder through making pumpkin soup to suggestions for maths and science.
- A simple PowerPoint presentation with photos and basic explanation of the farm machinery used in the process of growing and harvesting wheat.
Ages 7 - 11
- An introduction to Seasonal Celebrations connected to the countryside and rural environment with guidance on activities to accompany Apple Day, Hallowe'en, Shrovetide, Stir Up Sunday and more!
- The Why Farming Matters resource includes a growing number of videos about different farming sectors. These are brief and informative introductions to farming. There are accompanying activities which encourage further viewing of the videos to help pupils to think about what farming involves.
- This Autumn Activities booklet has includes activities encompassing English, geography, cookery and much more. Ideas can be carried out at school or out in the countryside or on a farm visit.
Ages 11 - 16
- In this Harvesting module by One Seed Forward the materials provide suggestions on how to plan for the harvest, review actual results against previous learning about growth and involve the wider community.
- British Sugar's four state-of-the-art factories are located in the East of England and East Midlands and between them produce over 2.1 million tonnes of sustainable products each year, from sugar to animal feed and electricity to tomatoes.
- Find out what is in season at this time of year with this An A-Z poster of British fruits and vegetables available in shops during the year.