Discover the wealth of wildlife resources available on Countryside Classroom with these brilliant biodiversity themed materials:
Ages 4 - 6
- Learn all about biodiversity, adaptations, life cycles, food chains and the wide variety of habitats found in or next to canals and rivers with this Canal & River Habitats Topic Pack.
- Use this entertaining, interactive introduction to the dangers faced by Hedgehogs, and help learners understand what they need for a secure future.
- Why not try this Encouraging Wildlife resource produced by the Royal Horticultural Society to understand how to develop and maintain features to enhance the natural environment in your school garden. Includes a brilliant wildlife gardening calendar too!
Ages 7 - 11
- Explore the importance of biodiversity and consider how climate change will affect common farmland wildlife with this brilliant Biodiversity on Farm resource produced by LEAF Education
- These Detailed Wildlife Outlines are great for children to colour in, with coloured versions to help those who want to be accurate. Includes birds, mammals, minibeasts and marine life.
- Get the children to hunt out and press some leaves, then use this video produced by LEAF Education to cut out shapes and patterns to make these amazing Autumn Leaf Insects.
Ages 11 - 16
- This Biodiversity for secondary is one of five topics available in the Global Farming series designed for secondary school aged children, the activities encourage pupils to consider how climate change will affect common farmland wildlife.
- These Dynamic Dunescapes resources will support educators to explain the new approach to natural 'dune dynamics' and the importance for wildlife conservation in Europe's habitat most at risk from biodiversity loss.
- A range of free identification guides and other resources is available HERE to help with biodiversity surveys. Includes trees, hedgerow plants, lichens, earthworms, dragonflies, amphibians and seaweeds.