Do you teach Years 5 and 6?
If so, you have until 15th September to register one or more classes for the fantastic All for Farm and Food for All national primary school competition.
Registration for the competition is key to ensure that schools receive the All for Farm and Food for All handbook and activity pack.
Food begins with farming. Equipping our future generations with a balanced and informed insight into where their food comes from, how it is produced, and the impact this has on the natural environment around them, will help deliver a world that is growing, eating and living sustainably.
Access teacher support and specific resources to help deliver high-quality learning activities and experiences that open young minds to why farming matters.
Explore fabulous new resources that have been produced by LEAF Education to help deliver high-quality learning activities and experiences that open young minds to why farming matters, and give your pupils the opportunity to learn where their food comes from, how it is produced, and the impact this has on the natural environment:
- What is Climate Change and how might this affect food production and farming?
- Find out Where Our Food Comes From and who is involved in producing our food.
- Super Soils! Discover how soils can help prevent climate change?
- Recognise ways to reduce Food Waste and the damages caused by food loss.
- Explore the importance of Biodiversity and consider how climate change will affect common farmland wildlife.
- Learn about the Problem of Plastic, the uses of plastic in food production, its advantages and problems it may cause.