It is that time of year when all year 11 and 13 students get their teeth stuck into revision for their GCSE and A Level exams. Use these fantastic food, farming and environment themed Easter revision activities to help them prepare.
- This Climate and Environment for Fiction Writing resource developed by LEAF Education in collaboration with examiners is designed to replicate an English paper 1 exam style set of questions at GCSE level.
- In the same series this Climate and Environment for Non-Fiction features climate change issues all taken from recently launched Countryside Classroom resources
- Practise your problem solving skills with this Maths on the Farm Worksheet based around real world situations out on the farm.
- This Maths on the Moor resource produced by NGO Educational Trust is great for practising statistical analysis which is useful for Science and Geography as well as a great way to build confidence in Mathematics.
- Sample GCSE Science questions with this Working Scientifically poultry themed booklet to address the requirements of current specifications.
- This resource pack all about Biodiversity is one of five topics available in the Global Farming series designed for secondary school aged children produced by LEAF Education. The activities encourage pupils to consider how climate change will affect common farmland wildlife.
- British Foods raise some intriguing questions about our past. Why are we a nation of curry lovers, with a taste for piquant pickles next to plainly cooked meats? What made us eat fish and chips? And what on earth is Marmite all about?
- The worksheets included in this KS4 / 5 resource pack produced by our partner the Association of Drainage Authorities are an excellent way to revise the causes, effects and latest strategies being used to manage flooding in the Fenlands and Somerset Levels.
- Why not try this Poultry Activities booklet developed by LEAF Education to help KS4 students investigate aspects of chicken meat production whilst giving them a chance to practise Geography skills exam style questions.
FOOD PREPARATION AND NUTRITION
- The activities in this Conscious Consumer Project Part 1 explore topical issues that span boundaries of agriculture, food, health and society which link closely to Geography, Science, and Food Preparation & Nutrition. The booklet developed by LEAF Education in collaboration with the Food and Farming Discovery Trust can be completed independently or in school.
- Also in this series is the recently launched Conscious Consumer Project Part 2 with issues such as climate change, animal welfare and rewilding all covered.
- Each element of the marketing syllabus can be revised over with this brilliant Avon Organics booklet based around a family run business. Topics include: marketing, customers and competition; marketing research; market research - produce, price, place and promotion; marketing strategy.
- Farmers are fabulous examples of Entrepreneurs, this Finance on the Farm resource enables students to consider the complexities of making finance based decisions whether they are on a farm or in the classroom. With opportunities to manipulate data, further understanding of the impact of local, national and international markets whilst applying their knowledge and understanding of what makes a business a success.